Monday, September 29, 2008

MySql ERROR 1054

I was breaking my head when i was doing import data from mysqldump in Linux machine. The problem was "ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1564: Unknown column 'cust.CUSTOMER_NAME' in 'field list' ". I surfed the net but i couldn't get any stuff.

Then i put this problem on my guru[Mukund]. He explained the problem.

MySql behave as case-in-sensitive in microsoft environment. So while writing function, procedure and trigger case is no issues in microsoft environment. But in case of Linux, MySql behave as case-sensitive. All the development machines were Microsoft Environment. Production environment is Linux.

To fix this problem [To make Linux case insensitive] add the following line in the file /etc/mysql/my.cnf
lower_case_table_name = 1

This line make MySql case-in-sensitive in linux environment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment